Sunday, May 4, 2008

Have A Lovely Day



There are many things that can make us feel low at times. Maybe it’s poor finances, job, family, friends or something else. Something always gives us a reason to feel not good at times. Yes some areas of your life can be improved but don’t forget what’s important. What gives you the motivation to get out of bed everyday and go to an unfulfilling job or stay in a challenging marriage? Your answer to this maybe your kids, faith or both. Your kids put smiles on your face and are what is important.
Your question and answer to what motivates you maybe completely different but no matter what, there is always someone else in a far less desirable situation. In other words, things could be a lot worse.

My mother-in-law is in Malawi, Africa on a mission to help the less fortunate, impoverished and orphaned kids. These children were simply born in the wrong country and don’t have some of the most basic essentials we don't even think about. There is no public school system, public housing or even welfare which low income Americans are entitled to receive. As unappealing as these systems maybe to Americans, it is still better to be poor in America than in a 3rd world country.

When my sister watched her young, 38 year old husband slowly die of cancer, the challenges they had in the past didn’t matter. When my brother-in-law felt his health slowly slip away, promotions and bonuses on his job were the furthest from his mind. They both were just praying for healing.

There is nothing wrong with having goals and striving for better but always remember what is important. Besides my faith another thing that I like to do is to listen to the old Bill Withers song “Lovely Day”. It helps me to see how blessed I am when I look at my husband and baby. The lyrics to this song are:

When I wake up in the morning, love
And the sunlight hurts my eyes
And something without warning, love
Bears heavy on my mind

Then I look at you
And the world's alright with me
Just one look at you
And I know it's gonna be
A lovely day
... lovely day, lovely day, lovely day ...

When the day that lies ahead of me
Seems impossible to face
When someone else instead of me
Always seems to know the way

Then I look at you
And the world's alright with me
Just one look at you
And I know it's gonna be
A lovely day.....

If you would like to listen to this great song and be reminded of the important things around you, check out Lovely Day to hear and watch this Youtube video. I hope all you Networking Girls have a Lovely Day.

1 comment:

Quiskaeya said...

What an inspirational read! Thank you!